Prof. Dr. Seval AKGÜN
Congress Chair TÜRKİYE
Prof. Dr. Allen C. MEADORS
Co-Chair / UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)
You are invited for abstract presentation to the 14th International Congress on Quality Accreditation and Patient Safety which will be organised with the support and cooperation of Health Care Academicians Association (HCAS), University of North Carolina at Pembroke (UNC-P) Turkish Standards Institute, Joint Commission International (JCIA) and many other related associations and organizations. The Congress will be held in Antalya on April 8-11, 2020, and the mission of the congress which will be attended by many international institutional representatives and experts is to create a discusion platform for all stakeholders in patient and employee safety and quality and accreditation in health care since the year 2006. Since that year, as a non-governmental organization, the Health Care Academicians Society led to increased awareness of quality and accreditation issues among healthcare providers and patients through its organized congresses, although these topics had not been started to discuss in the Turkish healthcare agenda and became a school for many healthcare professional where it tries to continue carrying its missions with a high devotion. Same as last years, this year Congress will also try to create an atmosphere to discuss methods and innovations about improving quality and providing higher standards of patient safety and will assist participants in understanding, developing and implementing a cost-effective methodology for sustaining accreditation and quality standards in their organizations and prepare them for upcoming professional challenges. From invited plenary presentations, selected workshops, oral and poster presentations, participants will have opportunities to explore collaborative approaches to quality improvement tools among users, providers and donor organizations, and to scrutinize into new systems and innovative ideas that reach across traditional boundaries.
With the theme ““Sustainability of Quality, Accreditation and Patient Safety , Clinical Quality and Measurement Methods for Improvement and Innovations on Digital Health” ” this multidisciplinary healthcare quality Conference will be of value to:
- Quality directors, quality representatives and all healthcare workers who participate in committees related to patient and employee safety;
- Policy makers and planners;
- All health care professionals;
- Healthcare administrators, managers, researchers and educators;
- Representatives of the organizations which provides diagnosis and treatment services for outpatients and inpatients;
- Social Security Institution (SGK) employees;
- Patients and their representatives.
The objectives of our Congress; is to discuss;
- The innovations on implementation of quality and accreditation in healthcare facilities.
- The methods of clinical quality improvements
- Patient safety, risk management and reducing medical malpractices ,
- Review existing methods to prevent incidents that threaten health and safety of patients and employees,
- The importance of evidence-based practices, enhancement of data quality and current implementation methods of measurement and innovations in digital health.
- The role of research on defining innovative methods; epidemiological, organizational behaviors on implementation of quality improvement at hospitals and other healthcare institutions; and the principles of implementation.
- Patient centered care
- Innovations on health technologies
- Hospital architecture, facility safety and management
- Service provision and cost-effectiveness of care
- Manpower planning and training in health service provision
- Information management systems, automation and communication technologies
- Moral and ethical behavior in the provision of health services.
- Risk management
- Medical tourism, during this period.
As it can be seen, an atmosphere will be created in the Congress to discuss methods and innovations improving the quality in healthcare services and providing the patient safety; the achievements of these application over years; the problems encountered; the methods in clinical quality improvement; and risk management. Additionally, this Congress will give the participants an opportunity to discuss experiences and implementation, which are needed to provide safe, dynamic, and effective healthcare services. In this frame, during the Congress, you will get the opportunity to comprehend basic approaches in providing patient and employee safety in healthcare facilities, from the perspectives of service providers and service users.
As co-chairpersons of the Congress, we take the liberty to approach you with great enthusiasm and deep interest. We will be delighted to meet each and every one of you and hope to work with you during this event. We look forward to seeing you in our Congress to be held at the connection point of three continents, at the pearl of Turkey, in the Turkish Riviera, in the city of Antalya.